Your Library Card
Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
Please see the following guidelines regarding the privilege of having a library card.
- All residents of Earlham and it's surrounding communities are eligible for a library card. Children under 14 years of age must have the application signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- The application is available at the front desk. You will need a current address and telephone number or e-mail address to receive a library card.
How to use your library card:
- The library has books, magazines, dvds, audiobooks, e-books, video games, Kindles, puzzles and cake pans available for checkout.
- The Earlham Public Library catalog may be accessed online at earlham.bibilionix.com.
- The library has 5 public desktop computers, 5 laptops and 4 tablets with hi-speed internet for patron use.
- If we don't have an item, we will try to get it for you through our interlibrary loan service.
- Books, magazines, audiobooks, puzzles and cake pans have a 30 day checkout period. Kindles and e-books have a 2 week checkout period. Dvds and video games have a 1 week checkout period.
- Each item is eligible for 1 renewal period, if there is not a waiting list, besides the Kindle.
- Items may be returned to the library at the front desk. There also is a drop box available outside of the library entrance. All items may be placed in the drop box with the exception of the Kindle. There will be an additional fee if the Kindle is placed in the drop box. It must be returned to the front desk.
- There are no overdue fines that accrue except for the late return of the Kindle.
- Reminder notices will be made either by telephone call, e-mail or usps mail. Please return items in a timely manner so other patrons may also use them.