Become a Friend
The Friends of the Earlham Public Library are a 501c3 Tax Exempt, non-profit organization created for providing volunteers, in-kind contributions, and financial gifts for the Earlham Public Library.
Ways to Volunteer as a Friend (FOEPL) Are:
· Serving on The Friends of the Library Board (help with planning)
· Donate baked goods for Library programs (do you like to bake?)
· Straightening books on the shelves (be a Shelf elf!)
· Helping organize the Book Sale (for those who like to organize!)
· Financially (no obligations!)
By bestowing an annual membership, you help fund all sorts of yearly programming, but mainly the Summer Reading Program which rewards kids (and adults!) for reaching certain reading goals. This includes funding presenters, prizes, craft supplies, etc. for the program.
Projects and Services:
· Refurbished the Hoadley Room, creating a reading room & community gathering spot.
· Created an outdoor reading and activity garden space.
· Hosted the Holiday Tour of Homes
· Invites the Blank Park Zoo, the Science Center of Iowa, and other similar presenters for Summer Reading Programming.
· Provides toys, prizes, etc. for the Summer Reading Program reading accomplishments.
· Fundraises special events such as author visits, historic preservationists, and other educational speakers or resources for the library.
Friends of the library are civic-minded people who know that quality library service is important to their community.
Please support the Friends of the Earlham Public Library as a volunteer or with your financial donation.
Donations should be directed to the Friends of the Earlham Public Library, a 501c3 organization.
Suggested Yearly Membership Donations:
$10 Friend of the Library
$20 Good Friend of the Library
$30 Best Friend of the Library
$50 Business Friend of the Library
Please include your name, address, phone, and email with your donation.